Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization Basics
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results.
So when someone types in a search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing) Texas First Assembly your website will show in up the results.
This article will walk you through the basics on how to edit your Network 211 site so that your site will have a better chance to show up on Google, Yahoo and Bing.
1. Log in to your website by going to www.yourwebsite.com/administrator (replace yourwebsite.com with the name of your website) or view this video How To Login To Your Website
3. On the Global Configuration page you will see these fields that need to be filled out.
- Under Site Settings change the Site Name to the Name of your Church. (Aka Texas First Assembly.)
- Under Site Meta Description enter a SHORT description about your church and the website DO NOT GO OVER 180 CHARACTERS
- Under Site Meta Keywords these are default keywords for your entire site. Enter your church name in here as well along with any other phrases you can think of. ONLY USE 2 OR 3 KEY-PHRASES! Texas First Assembly is on of your key-phrases. Try not to have more than 2 or three words in a key-phrase and separate them by a coma. like as follows: Texas First Assembly, Texas Church, First Assembly of God Texas. The goal is for your to think like some one search the web for a church in your area those would be your keywords.
- 'Remember to SAVE After you are done make sure to click the Save Button on the top right of the page.
4 Now that we have the default SEO settings setup if you have not already please view this video on how to create and article How To Create a Article
- Edit or Create a new Article After you are done creating an article or editing one on the right hand side be sure to click on Metadata Options
- Metadata Options
- Meta Description This is the description of the page that will show on the search engine results. Make sure that you use your description in the content of the article that you created and is below 150 characters.
- Meta Keywords These are the keywords of the Article not the site. Remember just to use 3 or 4 phrases never use single words always use phrases
5 ALL ARTICLES OF YOUR WEBSITE SHOULD HAVE IT'S OWN META DESCRIPTION AND META KEYWORDS. DO NOT DUPLICATE THEM!
6 After every page has it own Title(which is the name of the Article) Description and Keywords you should then submit your site to search engines. You can go to the following to submit your site to the top three search engines: Google Yahoo Bing